New website and forums online!

Important announcements about the game.
NiteHawk
Game Developer

New website and forums online!

Post by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

The old website located here: http://stellarfrontier.ss-network.net/index.php has been locked, and will only be used for archive purposes.

This is now the new hub for the pending SF 2.0 release. Until this happens, you can still download the SF 1.x version at http://www.stellarfrontier.net. Once SF 2.0 is released, the .NET domain will also be pointed here. I'll add a download link in the near future for SF 1.x.

As of now there is not much yet, however, you can create a fleet, and get your members ready. You will get a personal forum where no one (not even admins) can view, only your fleet members. There is a current maximum of 20 people per fleet, and there may be a way to raise this in the future. For now please be patient with us.

Over the next few weeks we'll be adding more features and changing up things here and there, such as more fleet features, rankings, etc. For now you'll all have to live with being cadets until the nexus and game are working.

If you have any nice posts, especially development posts, feel free to bring them over and just quote the person who created it, or please let me know what posts in a PM and I'll copy the first few posts. The idea though is to keep the junk archived and the good stuff moved over in the following months.

If you have a forum design issue or bug, let me know. Right now I'm aiming to make sure it works on the following browsers: Opera, Firefox, Chrome, and unfortunately IE.

To create an account, you can find the link in the Login area, or click register in the footer. There is also a link on the main page. It will also be your user/pass for logging in the game in the near future.

I may create a 'light' theme once we get things rolling. For now, we are golden.

Thanks guys!

P.S. Register problems? Email me at nitehawk (at) stellarfrontier.net

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: New website and forums online!

Post by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 pm

On a side note. I am not looking for moderators for the forums yet. The game has a very small amount of players at this time, and only one or two moderators are needed. I will not be re-adding all 10+ moderators as it's not needed!

As the game gets (hopefully) bigger, we'll add more moderators. I'd prefer neutral speakers for all situations, and people who would judge ANYONE, including there 'buddies'. Treat everyone the same for each new issue.