Fleet Creation - General Information

Important announcements about the game.
NiteHawk
Game Developer

Fleet Creation - General Information

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Please, only founders should create your fleet boards. This will in turn create the fleets, boards, etc automatically. A nice little system I've integrated into the boards.

Once the boards is created, you can go here: http://stellarfrontier.com/forums/ucp.p ... membership and join up! A founder must accept your request if the group is not set to 'request only'. It is similar to how the old boards handled it.

All the fleet information to join/create/manage can be access by the User Control Panel area, located at the top right.

Thanks!

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: Fleet Creation

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Seems to be something wrong with the mobile theme and creating a fleet.

Outcast Eagles though has been run by Mars and hes been quite active. Since hes handled it for the past 3-4 years he's probably the main leader of that one though, just to state, so you might want to talk to him about leadership/etc.

I need to fix the mobile theme now however!

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Well, if it's that long and a fleet has not been created, I would believe you could create it now. It's not anyones job to maintain something for that long.

For the most case I was referring to the current fleets that 'are' active :)

Regardless, someone 'has' to be the group founder, it prevents the whole fleet from being taken over, its more of a prevention system then anything for the forums. Otherwise for example, if you have 4 fleet leaders, someone goes rogue and boots everyone, there would be no way to handle it. Happens all the time in most games, so thats why theres always been a 'founder', so that user couldn't be booted and can reclaim his fleet members and the name. ;)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 pm

There seem to be something odd when you create a fleet, I'm trying to replicate it now. It doesn't seem to add a user to the founder list at all. Trying to determine it now.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 pm

casperslim wrote:I searched the whole site and didn't find the fleet or mars name so i tried to create the fleet myself

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ]
These boards are brand new,

http://stellarfrontier.ss-network.net/index.php

Are the old ones for the past couple years. :)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Found the bug guys, please don't create a fleet just yet.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm

I fixed the bug, fleets are fixed now, was a non-admin issue, my bad.

Mars, its in the User Control Panel you can create the fleet there (Click the UCP at the top right, then click Fleets, and create fleet)

By standards OE should go to mars since hes been handling it for years, but you can feel free to create one, or talk to him about leadership maybe.

Thanks guys.

I have to head to sleep now, so if there are any issues, please let me know though a PM, and please don't flame the new boards ..;)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 pm

casperslim wrote:No I agree, only mentioned it as couldn't find mars or the fleet so all is good now. let me know mate once u set it up so I can join just stopped playing WoW so back in the game!!!! Well if my account is still there sure I recovered it a few months back

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ]
Ah no worries then, thank you!

I found the board leaders, on ss-network.net, which was:

StellarForum Fleet Boards
Burton1 - SIN Board Leader
Havik - TRIBE Board Leader
Lord Rockwall - KOA Board Leader
Mars - OE Board Leader
ICeDX - RUSH Board Leader
Relentless - GB Board Leader
Sandtrooper - TRIBE Board Leader
Tovec - SIN Board Leader

So this should help out! Since we are only a few hours old on these new boards, they haven't signed up just yet, but they should hopefully soon!

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: Fleet Creation - General Information

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:47 am

G2geo94 wrote:Are you listing all the major fleets in SF history, active or not? I was thinking SIN was discontinued due to major inactivity?

Heck, if I remember correctly, it was attempted on multiple accounts to pull Tovec back, all of which fell through due to lack of response at all.
Well, these are just ones I've found that were created on the old boards. If he isn't around anymore, feel free to recreate the fleet on your own.