New Forum Rules/Changes/Current Forum Rules/Game Warnings!

This is for game related discussion that doesn't fall into the category of "help". Have a tip for other players? Want to discuss what is the best weapon? Mastered a certain tactic and want to share secrets? This is where you want to post.
NiteHawk
Game Developer

New Forum Rules/Changes/Current Forum Rules/Game Warnings!

Post by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 pm

1. You can join one fleet at a time only, and can manage the fleet in the User Control Panel at the top right. Fleet boards are invisible to everyone, including admins!

2. Do not post issues with other players in the General Discussion forum or other PUBLIC forums.

3. If you DO have an issue, PM a administrator and we will deal with it and see if it is a issue or not. Again DO NOT POST IT. PM first and we will always take a look at it within a day or two and come up with a resolution for you.

4. If you do not follow the rules, you will be banned. There are no if/ands/buts about this, if you break the rules, you pay the price, I don't care WHO you are. Ban times will be as follows:
  • 1st offense: 48 hour ban, minus 50k points, minus 200 kills, plus 100 deaths.
    2rd offense: 1 week, minus 100k points, minus 400 kills, plus 200 deaths.
    3th offense: 2 weeks, minus 200k points, minus 800 kills, plus 400 deaths.
    4th+ offense: Double previous offense length.
Everyone is clean and starts at no offenses.

5. If you have an issue with a ban, again PM us. Do not post on the boards about how he/she should be unbanned or that it was unfair. The ban times are fair, and you won't be banned unless you break the rules. If you post about it/the issue, you will be banned as well.

I will be combining a few topics with several rules from the past. These rules MUST be followed as well, or will result in getting banned.

Again if you have an issue IN GAME, use the /IGNORE command! If it is an exploit, take screenshots, or even a movie capture, such as http://www.fraps.com!

Thanks.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: New Forum Rules/Changes/Current Forum Rules/Game Warning

Post by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Here are some simple rules while in game:

1. If someone is harrassing you in game, use the /ignore command. I have added this for a reason. Just be note to remove /ignore you will need to rejoin the game.

2. Join another server of create your own if you cannot deal with people. SF.NET normally has a 24/7 server, and you can create your own server if need be. Sometimes it isn't your fault that the server owners are being stupid, but this is the reason why you can create or join other severs. We cannot put any lock against other player servers, they can do what you wish.

3. Point Farming/Kill  Farming servers are illegal. Now, I currently do not know what is going on here, but I will be sure to take a closer look at all servers now. If I find you doing this, you will have a fresh account, with 0kills/0points, cadet.

===

Follow these rules and you will have a account/server for life in the Nexus. As of now, everyone is 'neutral' in my books, but please if you have did things in the past, you do have a chance to clear things up by following these rules.

If the issue is serious and you need someone to take care of it, please PM me. However, we will not get into it if its due to a private server that we do not own. You guys have the power to go in other servers and make use of the ignore command.

Thanks.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 pm

THIS IS ABOUT USING THE UPLOADER TO UPLOAD FILES ON SF.NET!

The server cannot take large amounts of filesize. This is the cause of alot of posts not being able to load. To cope with this:

-Attachments are now back down to 600KB in size, unfortunatly. Using a couple 1-2 meg files will crash the thread. The large attachments also could of causes server unstability as well during this week, so --

-All attachments over 600kb have been deleted. Apologizes if I did delete some other things, but you'll survive. It will state [deleted by admin] if deleted.

-If you want to upload something heavy or 'are' a heavy uploader for images, feel free to to post them first up ad http://imageshack.us ...

-As well, I have made a simple file uploaded here: http://stellarfrontier.net/upload/ .. Which will save files in the http://stellarfrontier.net/upload/files/ . It takes generic extentions, like jpg/png/zip/rar, etc. As well, has a 5meg upload limit, But should suffice for most of SF needs if it comes down to that. However, as you read the note, if you spam it with useless junk or other garbage, I will block your IP from SF.net for a good month, as you know, the nexus runs on the same machine, so virtually, you wouldn't want to do that ;) Try to use it as a last alternative. I will clear things every 2-3 months, depending on how much space I have left on the server. (Only got about 3 gigs free atm.) So basicly, what I am saying is, I'll probably delete old stuff that is 3 months or older, unless someone is using it constantly, which I'll gladly move it or give them a bit of space on the server away from the uploader to prevent deletion.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 am

If you are a new user, you must post at least ONCE before using the PM system. This is a spam feature. Take the time to say hello if you are a newcomer or returning player! :)

I've also enabled the fact that you have to validate your user account through email once creating it, like the old systems are. I might have to change the capacha to something more bot proof, but we'll see for now.