Network coders?

This is for game related discussion that doesn't fall into the category of "help". Have a tip for other players? Want to discuss what is the best weapon? Mastered a certain tactic and want to share secrets? This is where you want to post.
NiteHawk
Game Developer

Network coders?

Post by NiteHawk » Sun May 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Anyone know of anyone who has a great deal of experience in one, specially for fixing SF?

I haven't wanted to work on SF single player when the multiplayer kind of fails at the moment. I tried to modify a good amount of the multiplayer coding but some stuff I am rather stumped on, MP is not really my thing yet and it's a bit of a pain ;) I'd love to continue working on SF again but it seems silly to do so until SF 2.0 is working, since SF 2.0 has a TON of new things, except that the multiplayer has so many problems, pretty much can't play it. 1.4 has the same problems, but it hides it alot better ;)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: Network coders?

Post by NiteHawk » Sun May 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Just made a post on vWorker too. I haven't really used it before but we'll see. They'll probably eat some money, but might be worth it. I'd love to work on the game again if we had a good base. ;)