I honestly don't know why I'd add this, but some people are complaining they don't understand how to use it. It's very very easy to use and it's very easy to update and keep track of what has been done. But for the main case, I will explain how to setup and do updates on SVN.
This is the setup for SVN + SF2.0! You will also need to read how to UPDATE the files after this!
1. First of all, you will need a SVN client. Again, TortoiseSVN is one of the easiest clients to use, and integrates itself into windows. Download and install TortoiseSVN:
TortiseSVN (32bit): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoi ... i?download
TortiseSVN (64bit): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoi ... i?download
NOTE: If you do not know if you have a 32bit or 64bit windows installation, select the 32bit version for simplicity.
2. You will need to create a blank folder. For example: C:\Games\SF2.0 ... MAKE SURE THE FOLDER IS BLANK!
3. Browse to your newly created folder, RIGHT click on a blank spot, and select SVN CHECKOUT.
4. SVN CHECKOUT will appear, for the URL of the repository, input svn://stellarfrontier.net:3690/SVN/sfbuild .. Make sure that the checkout directory is pointed to the directory you created! Click OK, and watch it download all the files! Once it is done, click OK again.
5. That is it for SETUP. Go into your BINWIN folder and run frontier.exe/server.exe can start playing!
Once I post updates to the client/state to update your SVN Repository, You will need a way to download the new updates... SVN handles this very easily for you with little hassle!
1. Go to the folder you created for SF2.0, For example, C:\Games\SF2.0... Make sure you are in the MAIN folder, and not a subfolder (For example, don't update in the binwin folder, or you will only get updates for the binwin folder!)
^^If you are in the main folder you'll see these folders!
2. Right click on a blank space, and select SVN UPDATE. It will update all files. When done, you can click OK, and start playing!
3. Again, do this whenever there are updates in the SF 2.0 post (link just above these steps!) to get all the new files needed! It is as easy as that!
NOTE: You can also update via right clicking the specific folder (Example: in C:\Games\ right click SF2.0 to update the folder.)
I don't know how basic I have to get though, this should be very easy stuff to do. Hope this helps.
Want to pitch an idea of the latest gadget that should be added to ships? Maybe you have an issue with ship balancing? This is where to post!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest