Fleet Wars System

Want to pitch an idea of the latest gadget that should be added to ships? Maybe you have an issue with ship balancing? This is where to post!
NiteHawk
Game Developer

Fleet Wars System

Post by NiteHawk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Kind of just marking it down here.

I'm thinking fleet wars should be 'scheduled'. They possibly can be setup on the website, or in the game portal I want to create, either or.

Once both fleets have agreed, they can duke it out and the server will record everything, and post who won/lost/tie, the kills/deaths etc. We can base the won/lost points this way:
Win: 4 points
Tie: 2 points
Loss: 1 point
You may ask why give points to the fleet that lost, and it is simplicity that people who participate and lose should be valued higher for people who don't participate at all or not often! What do people think of the current point system here?

I also think it should be reset every 3 or 4 months. The top 3 with the highest scores would be the winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd.) And possibly could get a 'Won Fleet War:" amount so we know who wins, etc. They could also get some sort of little image/reward in there name in game/on boards that shows that they are the current winners for those months, until the next game.

So the values needed could be:

Wins, Losses, Ties, Total Kills, Total Deaths, Total Points, Fleet War Wins (1st), Fleet War Wins (2nd), Fleet War Wins (3rd).

We could also have a never removing stats for wins/losses/ties/total kills/total deaths, so we know what they've been doing for X amount of years. Not sure about this yet. It would be purely cosmetic really. :)

What does everyone think overall?

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Re: Fleet Wars System

Post by NiteHawk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Oh I suppose, but if its set, to like 4 months, there has to be a winner eventually. Otherwise the stats are worthless and the winner is the person who give up first. I should of named this differently, more like "Fleet Battles System", etc. It was meant more for fleets to battle each other, to give more interactivity and interest in staying in the game.

Wars/Alliances would be probably something different. A war wouldn't stop until a cease fire like you stated, has been called.

There could even be more then just 1 fleet vs another fleet. It could even be 2 fleets vs two fleets, or 1vs1vs1, but I'm not sure if this would be a hassle/messy and not worth it, so staying 1vs1 might be better/etc. I'm also thinking I'd like to set a player amount per battle that is settable to the fleets who want to fight. For example, both parties agree on 2 players vs 2 players, 5 players vs 5 players, infinity amount of players, etc. (The number in the end can be lower, but never higher, unless its infinity, thus anyone would be allowed long as they are in one of the specific fleets.)

In terms of 'fleet wars', aka setting a war against a fleet, each war could be 'recorded', and until one fleets forfeits or there is a cease fire, the war wouldn't stop, perhaps. (Or have some very high stop limit.) I worry with no limit because some people are super subborn, and there is no 'winner' to the war, unless someone gives up. In the Tribe vs OE, there wasn't really any winners, they stopped becuase it was more of a swear fest then a game fight. I have a feeling if there was a win situation, maybe that both fleets can assign, then they would be more satisfied.

Aka lets say OE declares war on Tribe, setting 500 kills first, both fleets agree.. Whoever gets to 500 kills wins. So that would be the fleet war system.

So we have the fleet battle system, which is what I was talking about, and then a fleet war system, which is used for fleet battles. I'm not sure what 'alliances' would really do, and I might remove it because its useless. Or I'd just have it maybe that fleet members are a different color, and fleet alliance member would be a similar color, just so you know who is who/etc.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Also being on a fleet battle server would automatically move you on the fleet you are on. There is no team selections here to change teams. This would work for fleet wars too. I would think that non-fleet members could still get in, but maybe on a pirate/anon style fleet since theres freelancers, pretty much.

Not sure yet :) I'm going to work on the fleet battle system first next probably since I am waiting on a few things, then fleet wars/alliances.

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Sticking this since this is the first thing I'll want to do since it's involves mostly website changes ;)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Overall I might see to it once we get a bigger community, right now the previous community fought every chance they got for quite a long time. Allowing them to bash each other but in character would be rather cheeky, because it would end up getting personal if I know the lot.

Maybe once we have more "RPers" but right now there is not alot of them. :)

NiteHawk
Game Developer

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 am

Karmine wrote:Bit hard to RP in fast action game like Stellar Frontier. One message in battle usually means death.

Also could Fleets have battles for fun without it being planned or marked scores or maybe have private scores ? Such as custom server holding it own scores about any fleet battles there and show it on forums in a thread ?
Was planning on server scores and such anyways for stats if you don't want to use the nexus (or can't because your mod isn't approved) and hate using local profiles because of hacked profiles. So we'll probably figure out something for that in the near future though.